Nursery admissions are handled directly through the school please see Our Nursery Admissions Page
Starting Reception and Secondary Admissions
All applications for reception and secondary places are handled by the Local Authority and can be accessed on the link below. If you do not have access to a computer or you would like support in applying please contact the school office, we are more than happy to help.
For Reception and Secondary please see www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions.
- Broom Barns Determined Policy 2024 - 2025 (780.41KB)
- Broom Barns Determined Policy 2023-2024 (311.53KB)
- Broom Barns Determined Policy 2022-2023 (776.85KB)
If you have moved, you can apply to change school during the school year, this is called “in-year admission”.
- Year 6 Transition Booklet (440.53KB)
- Year 5 Transition Booklet (1.71MB)
- Year 4 Transition Booklet (355.85KB)
- Year 3 Transition Booklet (968.94KB)
- Year 2 Transition Booklet (529.94KB)
- Year 1 Transition Booklet (708.13KB)
- Reception Transition Booklet (787.57KB)
Moving to a new school is a major decision that you may choose to make for a variety of reasons. It is important that you discuss it with your child’s current school and visit potential new schools before finalising decisions. All applications are now handled via your child’s home Local Authority (please use the link below). Please make an appointment to view the school before making an application.
If you are looking for a Nursery place halfway through the year, you should contact the school office, as these are the only in-year admissions that are handled directly by the school.
Moving schools is always a difficult and emotional decision. It is important that discussions take place with your current school and we look forward to meeting you.
For In-Year admissions arrangements please see www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/schools
Please visit our class pages for further information for each year group.