We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- some of our PDF documents may not be fully accessible
- some of the images have empty ALT tags, but only where they are decorative
- we have provided a Sitemap for easy access to pages
- the website can be navigated using only the keyboard
- skip to main content/navigation links have been added
- there is sufficient contrast between text and background colour
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in five days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Broom Barns Primary School is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed above.
How we tested this website
To test this website we used Siteimprove, an automated testing system, to help us monitor and fix usability and accessibility issues as they occurred.
The website was also manually reviewed and updated to identify any parts that automated testing could not cover.
This website was last tested in July 2020.
Date of statement
This statement was published on 17 July 2020. It was last updated on 17 July 2020.