Hello! My name is Miss Robinson and I am the Family Support Worker at Broom Barns School.
My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child’s education, transition, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as someone to talk to if necessary.
You are very welcome to make an appointment to meet with me in school. Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- Supporting year 6 children’s transition to secondary school
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as health and social care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. special educational needs, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- guidance and personal development and access to training and workshops in school
How to get in touch:
Please call the school office on 01438 354913 to make an appointment or I can also be contacted via email: email@example.com