We have a number of children and adults in school who have a severe allergy to nuts. In order to reduce the risk to those children and adults who may suffer an anaphylactic reaction if exposed to nuts we aim to be a nut-free school. Although we recognise that this cannot be 100% guaranteed, we ask all children, parents and staff not to bring nuts or products containing nuts onto the school site on any occasion, including when donating food for fetes and coffee mornings.
When preparing your child’s packed lunch please ensure that you do not include any products containing nuts. This includes peanut butter, chocolate spread, cereal bars with nuts and nut flavoured yoghurts.
Dolce School Meals
Dolce Ltd is the new school meals provider at Broom Barns. All dinners must be ordered through their website ( School Grid ) and all dinner money must be paid online directly to Dolce. Unfortunately, the school cannot take cash or order meals for pupils.
Dolce Customer Care Team : firstname.lastname@example.org 01942 707709 (opt. 1) Mon to Fri 8.00am-5.00pm.
- Menu Sep to Dec 2021 (4MB)
- Summer Term Menu (980KB)
- Dolce Packed Lunch Policy (309KB)
- Dolce Parent Information Leaflet (532KB)
- Dolce Let's Go Cashless (554KB)
Free School Meals
Families on Income Support may be eligible for free meals. The school is NOT able to allow free meals to be taken without authorisation from the Education Office, so it is important to make applications prior to the start of the new school year.
Your child could get a free school meal if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you don’t get more than £16,190 a year)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (with annual earned income of no more than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits you get).
Apply today if you receive any of these benefits. It takes 5 mins and in most cases we can tell you straightaway if your child can get free meals at school. Application forms are available at: Free School Meals Application Form
Will there be a charge if I pay by card?
There is no charge for making payments by either credit or debit card to your account.
Is there a limit to the amount I can pay?
No, you can choose to pay as little or as much as you would like. Your current balance can be checked at any time in ‘Account History’.
How often do I need to top up my account?
Payment by card is required in advance and you can top up your account as often as you like to ensure that your account is always in credit.
I am entitled to Free School Meals for my child – what do I do now?
If you have been awarded Free School Meal entitlement please the school office to ensure that your account has been updated.
How will my direct debit be collected?
Direct Debit payments are collected every month on the payment date you select. Dolce will send you a statement prior to collection, listing all of the meals that your child has eaten, the total amount to be taken and payment date reminder.